Introduction to Dynamic Governance
In addition to providing internal training programs for organizations implementing dynamic governance, Governance Alive also provides training for professional facilitators and consultants. This training is designed for people who want to become familiar with the principles of dynamic governance and its tools for facilitating meetings.
This is the first in a series of three courses designed to support people who are implementing dynamic governance to their own or other organizations.
In this course, participants will:
- Learn about the four governing principles
- Under the guidance of a skilled and experienced facilitator, participate in making decisions using two of three decision-making processes: Consent to a Proposal, and Selection of People to Fulfill Roles.
- Practice facilitating a group decision using these decision-making tools.
- Meet the first part of the basic training requirements for dynamic governance facilitator certification. (The other two parts of the certification process are facilitator training and demonstration of skill.)
Length: Six 2-hour teleclass sessions or a 2¼ day in-person workshop
Foundations of Sociocracy – by The Sociocracy Consulting Group
Our first level of comprehensive training provides the basic understanding necessary for sociocratic organizing and meeting facilitation. The curriculum consists of six modules:
- Introduction to sociocratic principles
- Consent decision making
- Circle structure
- Double linking
- Roles and Workflow
- Facilitation and Leadership
All modules include a mix of interactive experiential practice sessions and exercises, presentation of essential information, and time for participant questions and feedback.
This training will be offered online as a series of six two-hour classes. The time shown above is subject to change depending on participant time zones. Total contact time is a minimum of 12 hours.
In-House Foundations of Sociocracy Option
We will conduct the Foundations of Sociocracy training “in-house” by special arrangement. The required workshop contact time and between-class assignments can be scheduled to meet your organization’s needs and objectives. In-house training is an excellent method for building organizational capacity and effective leadership within your organization.
To learn more about our in-house training option or to set up a program at your organization, please contact us.
We will offer this online training again starting in September –let us know if you want to be kept up to date on future course announcements.